Foscam Video Management System - VMS
Some time ago I wrote about using the Foscam VMS software, at that time the new version was still in beta format and I promised a update when it went to a full production version, well as promised….
Before I get into the where to download it from and how to install it I want to talk about why.
Have you ever wanted to check your cameras from your laptop while at work or away from the home? Change a camera setting, again while not at home? Well now you can.
It collapses a whole bunch of separate tools and process into one neat application. It’s the only desktop tool you need to connect, setup, configure and manage your cameras. In the past we used all if not most of the tools below:
- Equipment Search Tool
- Plugin for HD cameras
- A web browser
Using the VMS software means we don’t have to download these different tools or rely on a compatible web browser.
The software can:
- find your connected cameras on the LAN,
- connect a new Wi-Fi only camera to your network,
- do all the setup settings you want,
- view the live steam (even when you’re not on your local network, like your phone app but on steroids)
- play back your recoded footage, no matter if it is a NVR or just a camera using a SD card or cloud storage.
- act as NVR.
- Powerful functions for multiple live views, real-time 36 channel live viewing
- Supports P2P/LAN/manual adding of devices
- Supports auto-adaption of the stream type of previewed video
- Supports surveillance window patrol automatically
- Web-based configuration page embedded in the client for all functions
- Intelligent Pan/Tilt camera control
- Supports Preset Positions
- Supports playback of recording files
- Supports multiple paths for saving the video
- Supports Log Management
- Motion detection alert via email or uploading an image to FTP
- Multi-level user management with password protection
- Supports setting connected devices
- Its available for Windows 32 and 64 bit and Mac OS
Hopefully your now interested enough to want to download and try the software for yourself. First off, are you a Mac user or Windows?
If windows first determine if you have a 32 bit or 64 bit version of windows and then download from the links below.
Then get a copy of the user manual also below, it has full instructions on how to download, install and use the software.
Here are the links.
or alternatively open the app store on you MAC and search for “Foscam VMS”.
User Manual download
Software 32 bit download
Software 64 bit download
User Manual download